CakePHP is a rapid development framework for PHP that provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying applications. Using commonly known design patterns like MVC and ORM within the convention over configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces development costs and helps developers write less code.
- Webserver for PHP (Wamp server or Xamm)
- PHP 5.3.2
- MySQL 5
- CakePHP 1.3.1 : http://github.com/cakephp/cakephp/zipball/1.3.1
Installation CakePHP with Web Server
- Extract CakePHP file that you have download from URL above to the place and rename to “cake” only
- Go into this folder: cake/cake/console/ and right click on “cake.bat” file; copy this file path to past in Path of Environment Variables (System Properties -> Advanced -> System variables)
- Point to PHP bin and copy it’s path to the Path of Environment Variables
- Point to MySQL bin and copy it’s path to the Path of Environment Variables too.
- Open CMD and type : cake and enter to test that cake works or not?
*Notation: Path of CakePHP, PHP, and MySQL must be separated by “;”
If you install CakePHP on Windows, it has a little bit problem that we have to fix.
Fix The Problem
- In cake/cake/console : copy directory “templates” to directory “libs”
- In cake/cake/libs/cache/file.php : change $data = unserialize((string)$data); to $data = unserialize(trim((string)$data)); in line 176
Referenced by: http://www.cakephp.org/