POSTED BY JOHN WARD
- Download the Microsoft JDBC driver fromhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724
- Note: If youre using Java 1.5, you will use sqljdbc.jar, if your using Java 1.6, you will use sqljdbc4.jar.
- Open Eclipse
- Create a new Report or open an existing report
- Open the Data Explorer Tab
- If this is an existing report, Double Click on an existing Data Source, otherwise create a new Data Source. Call it whatever.
- From the Data Source editor, click on the Manage Drivers button.
- In the Manage JDBC Drivers Dialog, click on Add…
- Navigate to where you have either the sqljdbc.jar or sqljdbc4.jar file, and click Open. This will add the driver to the BIRT Designer.
- Now, click on the Drivers Tab.
- Double click on the SqlServerDriver entry to edit it. Put in a name, and a URL template that will prompt you on the correct URL pattern to use.
- Click on OK, and OK, until you get to the Data Source Editor Dialog.
- Select the SQL Server driver from the drop down list. It will automatically put in the template. Replace the IP Address, and Database name with the ip of your Sql Server Database, and the name of the database.
- Enter the correct User Name and Password.
That’s it, your done. Test Connection to make sure the information is correct, and hit OK.