This disk is OCZ VERTEX 128GB SSD. It is formatted as GPT from OSX. The disk layout is,
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk1
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_RAID 63.8 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk1s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data ssdwin 63.9 GB disk1s4
I’m trying to install windows7 in the “ssdwin” partition but when i EFI Boot windows 7 64bit USB installer, it says,
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has a mbr partition table, On EFI system window can only be installed to GPT disks.
Did you happen to use Apple’s Disk Utility to create a FAT filesystem in that to-be-Windows partition? If so, you converted the disk from a legal GPT disk into a hybrid MBR disk, which OS X sees as GPT and Windows sees as MBR. The solution in this case is to clear the hybrid MBR data. A number of utilities can do this. I’ll describe how to do it with my own GPT fdisk (
- Download GPT fdisk from its Sourceforge page and install it. (Versions are available for Linux, OS X, and Windows. I’ll assume you’ll do this from OS X.) Alternatively, you could run it from a Linux emergency disc like Parted Magic.
gdisk on your disk by typing
sudo gdisk /dev/disk1 in a Terminal window. (Change the device identifier if it’s not as you presented earlier or if you use another OS for the job.)
p to view the partition table to verify you’re working on the correct disk. If not, type
q to quit without saving your changes and try again with another device.
x to enter the experts’ menu.
n to create a fresh protective MBR. Note that
gdisk won’t confirm a change; it’ll just show you a new experts’ prompt.
w to save your changes. You’ll be asked to confirm this action. Do so.
With any luck this will fix the problem. If it doesn’t, though, you can use
v option (on any menu) to have
gdisk look for partition table problems. It can fix some minor problems automatically, but other times you’ll need to make explicit changes. See the GPT fdisk documentation on GPT repairs for details.
Install java development kit preferably version 1.6 or greater.
As a complete web dev environment for windows i recommend using XAMPP. It comes with built in Tomcat servlet, so you won’t have to waste your time installing tomcat. Well regarding version of tomcat, i have successfully tested solr on tomcat 5,6 and 7.
Tomcat can be managed from xampp control panel or you can install it as a windows service so that it can be run independently from xampp. Well doesn’t matter much whether it is xampp service or a windows service. To install it as a windows service run the ‘service‘ batch file in c:\xampp\tomcat\bin .
After installation to check if tomcat is running open you browser and ping
3) Solr install
Download the latest solr release which is currently solr 3.6. Download the tarball fromhere and extract it to say downloads\apache-solr-3.6.0
a) Preparing solr home directory
- Make a new directory in C:\ and name it solr.
- Copy dist and contrib directories from downloads\apache-solr-3.6.0 i.e.downloads\apache-solr-3.6.0\dist and downloads\apache-solr-3.6.0\contrib toC:\solr\dist and C:\solr\contrib
- Make a directory named solr inside C:\solr and copy downloads\apache-solr-3.6.0\example directory contents to it. Now C:\solr\solr is what is called solr home.
b) Configuring tomcat to detect solr
- Copy downloads\apache-solr-3.6.0\dist\apache-solr-3.6.0.war file toC:\xampp\tomcat\webapps directory and rename it to solr. If tomcat service is on you will find that a solr directory is automatically created. If tomcat is off don’t bother it would be created next time tomcat starts.
2. Now run C:\xampp\tomcat\bin\tomcat7w.exe (7 is for the version), select java tab and in java options pane write -Dsolr.solr.home=C:\solr\solr . Click OK and configuration is done. Restart tomcat.
c) Test solr
In your browser enter localhost:8080/solr/admin and you will see.
That’s it. Solr is installed and now it can be used to do fast searching on huge amount of data from any source be it a sql database or a file. But to do that a lot of work still needs to be done related to request handlers and schemas. In the future posts i will be talking about the internals of solr.
Copy from: http://solrapache.blogspot.com/2012/06/installing-apache-solr-on-windows-with.html
Notation: if you want to query solr with json data please add &wt=json in the end of line
Do you have a Samsung LCD monitor? There is a known problem with an updated driver that was conflicting with Windows’ Color Management System.
“Its to do with the color management system.Heres how to correct it:
- open control panel
- type color in the search bar and click on the green color management link
- in the dialog that appears tick the box under your monitor name which says “use my settings for this device”
- click on the add button
- There will appear a list of color profiles. You want to select sRGBIEC611966-2.1 and click ok
- click on the set as default profile button and then close button