By: Sochinda Tith
JasperReports Server is a stand-alone and embeddable reporting server. It provides reporting and analytics that can be embedded into a web or mobile application as well as operate as a central information hub for the enterprise by delivering mission critical information on a real-time or scheduled basis to the browser, mobile device, printer, or email inbox in a variety of file formats. JasperReports Server is optimized to share, secure, and centrally manage your Jaspersoft reports and analytic views.
Requirement Download and Install:
- JasperReport Server
- JasperSoft Studio
- Web Service that return as XML (URL Data Access)
– Go to iReport installed and copy from path: ..\ireport\modules\ext\jasperreports-extensions-3.5.3.jar to JasperReport Server path: ..\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver\WEB-INF\lib\jasperreports-extensions-3.5.3.jar
– Go to file in :..\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver\WEB-INF\classes\jasperreports.properties and copy bellow text pas into this file and save
– Restart Tomcat
Create and design report using XML Remote as datasource
And export into Jasper Report Server
You should see a window like this:
Now you can start Jaspersoft Studio. Click the Repository Explorer tab, then select Create a JasperReports Server Connection.
A dialog to insert the server data appears. Fill it in as follows:
- Name: the name of the connection. You can use any name you want. For this example we will leave the default name: JasperReports Server.
- URL: the address of the server. The default address is already correct if we are using a local server. For this example the correct address is http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/services/repository.
- User: the username to access the server. The default for the local server is “jasperadmin”.
- Password: as with the username, for the local server by default it is “jasperadmin”.
Then click the Test Connection button to test the connection. If everything is working, click Finish.
Now you are connected to the server and you can upload and download reports.
Publishing a Report on JasperReports Server
For this section, we will use the one created during the tutorial Report Structure in Jaspersoft Studio. Open the report and click the button with a blue arrow in the upper-right corner of the designer. In the opened window you can browse the server directory structure to choose where to place the report. Select the Reports folder as in the image above. Name the report unit you are creating to contain all the files for the report we are uploading (for this example we can use “ColumnsSample”). Then click Next.
In the next step we have to handle the data source. Exporting a report is quite simple, but exporting the data source used to fill the report it isn’t so trivial. For exporting the data source we have three options:
- Data source from repository: the server will use a data source already there it to fill the report, so we will only need to browse the server until we find the wanted data source.
- Local data source
- Don’t use any data source: only the report is exported without any data source connection
We will use the third option, which is the default one, and click Finish. The report is uploaded to the server and, if there are no errors, an appropriate message will be shown.
Call Report from JasperReport Server